Why You Should Be Making Positive Pivots in Your Life with Alex Oda
In this episode, I chat with Alex Oda about his journey through entrepreneurship. Alex is an engineer turned financial analyst turned entrepreneur. He has worked on several amazing projects all over the world.
Alex is a social media influencer with a combined following of 400,000 followers across Instagram, Weibo, and YouTube and a former competitive bodybuilder (8 years). He heavily influenced and kick-started the “fitness boot camp” movement in China, which has lead to boot camps springing up across the nation. Alex calls himself a “self-admitted side-hustler” and we go in-depth in to why he says that.
As his life as an entrepreneur has panned out, Alex has made several pivots to make sure he was doing what made him feel happy and fulfilled at the end of the day. He covers what heuristics to use when judging where your life is and how to recognize if a positive pivot has to be made.
Head to the website to listen to this episode or click “Listen Now” below!
- You let your (great) job last year to go out on your own… what was the experience like? What was your vision?
- How did the vision actually pan out IRL?
- How did you know something was off and that you needed to pivot?
- It must have been hard to come to that realization… What was going through your mind at the time?
- What was the outcome of that realization?
- What is your new vision?
- Do you think it’s a good thing to pivot and revisit this “vision?”
- You’re going to make the leap to startups and do some more side hustling…
- How do you have enough time to do what you want?
- There are people listening to this who might be going through the same struggle that you did. What would you recommend to them?
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- Why pivots in your life can actually be a good thing
- What to be paying attention to and keeping pulses on to make sure you’re living out your best life
- What it takes to make positive pivots in your life