Mining Your Job for an Epic Career + Business with Tracy Timm
Tracy Timm is the founder of Nth Degree Career Academy, and a career coach who works with individuals and organizations who want to realize their full potential, do work they love, and make an impact at the same time.
She has a fascinating story that I’m excited to share with you in today’s episode.
In a way, Tracy was her own first client. She found herself in a place of misery with her job, wondering every day if this was all there was to life. She tolerated the job because she was making money and achieving some level of success (at least on the outside).
Eventually she decided it was time to quit. And the process she worked through is the same one she now uses with clients. The steps she took to figure out what she really wanted and turn that into a profitable business became a blueprint she could use to help others do the same.
Tracy and I related on so many levels in this episode. It was great to hear how she helps people redefine their lives so they can chase success. This is the perfect episode for anyone working a nine-to-five, looking to turn their side hustle into a future business.
“Nothing is wasted unless you waste it. So if you’re in a job right now and you feel the inkling to do something different, I would invite you to consider that.”
Head to the website to listen to this episode or click “Listen Now” below!
In this episode Tracy talks about:
- Her journey from a nine-to-five employee to a business owner.
- Her three-phase career clarity strategy.
- The importance of being able to define a niche in your career.
- Understand that it’s ok to quit. If you’re looking for a sign about when to quit, that’s a good enough sign in and of itself that you should quit. Don’t let someone else’s definition of success define you.
- While building your business, don’t use a side hustle as your main form of income. Instead, start using your free time to grow your business and treat that as your side hustle.
- Learn how to grow where you’re planted. Figure out how you can get all that you possibly can out of the current situation you’re in before moving on to something bigger. Learn how to understand the value of your previous experiences.
- Discover your true value, define your unique niche of genius, and then drive your career forward.
- Brendan Buchard – Why to QUIT
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Tracy’s diagram for this episode
- Tracy’s Website
- Tracy’s Email
- Follow Tracy on Instagram
- Follow Tracy on Twitter