Why I Said No to a $35k Project
Money is money, right? What if I told you that I turned down a $35,000 project. That’s right, it’s a lot of money, but sometimes other things are more important.
In today’s episode, I talk about why I turned down such a big project and the lessons you can learn from it. In short, life happens and we have to understand where our business ends and where we begin in order to stay sane when things, like a wedding, come up.
Our businesses are a lot of who we are as entrepreneurs and it is a huge part of my identity. While this alone is neither bad nor good, I think it’s a good thing right now because it’s really motivating to me to work hard. I have fun working hard and moving toward my goals at this point in my life, but I also have to find ways to balance that with my personal life.
We’ll dive into the details of this project, my thought process for saying no, why it’s good to walk away from certain projects, and how you can get in tune with your inner voice to understand what you really want.
“Saying no allowed me to strengthen my boundaries, reaffirm to my subconscious mind that I do things in a certain way, and that I respect myself, my brain, and my sanity.”
Head to the website to listen to this episode or click “Listen Now” below!
In this episode Avani talks about:
- Why this project wasn’t the right fit.
- The emotions that came along with turning down such a large project.
- How you can make decisions that are in alignment with your inner voice.
- Sometimes you need to turn things down that aren’t in your zone of genius. It might sting at first, but in the long run you’ll be happy you have that time to put toward projects you’re passionate about.
- You might be a little apprehensive to turn down a project at first, but the stress and frustration you save yourself will be much better for your career and personal life.
- Knowing your inner feelings is important in making the right career decisions. Journaling and meditating are great ways to get in tune with your inner voice and will help you make the right decisions moving forward.