Overwhelm is a Decision
We’ve all been there. Life gets crazy, work gets busy and before you know it, you feel overwhelmed with the amount of stuff you have to do. Today we’re going to be talking about just that: Overwhelm.
The tough truth about being overwhelmed is that it’s our own fault. It’s a decision that we can train our minds to get out of with the right mentality. Sometimes being overwhelmed can make us feel powerless, but we do have the power to fight back against those feelings and it starts with taking control and responsibility for what we let into our lives.
At the end of the day, it comes down to creating a code to live by that allows us to combat overwhelm.
In this episode, we’ll cover some tips on how to get out of feeling overwhelmed and how you can prevent that feeling in the future.
“When we are blaming overwhelm on other forces, when we feel like we just have clients coming at us and that everyone wants a piece of us and that we can’t seem to keep up with the things around us, this is admitting to the universe that we are victims.”
Head to the website to listen to this episode or click “Listen Now” below!
In this episode Avani talks about:
- Driver vs. victim mentality and how they play into feeling overwhelmed.
- Strategies you can take to combat feeling overwhelmed and prevent it in the future.
- Keeping an eye out for triggers that cause overwhelm.
- Feeling overwhelmed is allowing life to take control of us instead of the other way around. Don’t let this happen because it’s a hard cycle to get out of.
- Throw obligations out the window and only take on the ones that you want to. Don’t worry about other people’s lives, worry about yours.
- Execute and take action: When you start to take action on the things that are overwhelming you, the fear and paralysis goes away.
- Plan ahead! The best way to combat becoming overwhelmed is to plan your day/week/month so that you can stay ahead of the business that is sure to come.