Staying True To Yourself and Finding Your Tribe with Shruthi Parker
We did it. We made it to episode 100. In honor of reaching this goal, we’re doing a little rebranding and changing the name of the show to The 6-Figure Freelancer Podcast. Thanks you so much for listening and sharing this podcast with your friends.
Now, on to the show!
In today’s episode I talked with Shruthi Parker, a blogger, Instagrammer and content creator. Shruthi started out as a photographer and then moved into corporate marketing before finally landing where she is today as a full time blogger. Her passion for photography and storytelling is a big part of what lead to her success as an entrepreneur.
But her journey wasn’t without challenges. In fact, the thing that gave her the push to focus on her blog was having a contract job fall through. Rather than focus on the negative, she pursued her blog and turned it into a full-time career.
Throughout the process of shifting her mindset from stable job to independent business owner, Shruthi had a lot of support from her husband. And much of her success has come from her drive to produce content that has value and purpose. Her focus on being consistent and adding value is the driving force behind all of her projects.
In this episode Shruthi talks about:
- How she became a blogger, making the transition from stable and predictable to independent.
- How she manages her life, relationships, and time as an independent content creator.
- How she creates content, the strategy behind it, and the importance of regular content creation.
Head to the website to listen to this episode or click “Listen Now” below!
- Know what you’re good at and where you focus will land.
- Don’t be afraid to make a leap.
- Create content on a regular basis and be obsessive about it.
“Genuinely just do you and the right people will be attracted to that and they will be your tribe. Those are the people that you want to create content for and those are the people you want to build relationships with.”