Streamlining Your Freelance Business for Sanity, Scale, and Sustainability with Kate Jones
Today’s guest is Kate Jones. Kate is founder of Kate Waldo + Co. Kate loves helping influencers focus on their strengths by eliminating the stress and streamlining their businesses.
Kate got started with her organizing business because she loved systems, and got her thrills from figuring out how to optimize and organize people’s professional and personal lives.
After struggling to scale the business, it was time for a major intervention on the administrative side. Though lots of experimentation and trail and error, she was able to figure out what worked for her business.
In this episode, we talk about how to optimize your business and how to automate certain tasks so that you can keep doing what you love to do.
“If you don’t have a solid foundation and systems in place under the hood, it can look really good out in the world for a little while, but you can’t maintain it. You’re going to miss something.”
Head to the website to listen to this episode or click “Listen Now” below!
In this episode Kate talks about:
- How she manages her personal and professional life with tasks, organization, and automation.
- Why she uses a CRM tool and how it makes her life easier (and can make your’s easier, too).
- Her strategies on systems and organizations for businesses that are just getting off the ground.
- If you don’t have a good foundation for your systems, things might look good from the outside, but you won’t be able to maintain your pace.
- The two systems you absolutely have to have in place are a centralized task list/project management tool and a Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) tool.
- One of the biggest mistake you can makes is not having any systems in place when you start your business.