Zooming Out to Deal with Manic Moments
Sometimes you land in a funk and it feels like life is just out to get you. Last week, that was me. I had a few days that didn’t go very well. This happens to everyone at one point or another. So the question is, how do you handle it? On today’s episode, I want to share a few tips on how I handle those “manic moments”.
At the end of the day, when we have crazy moments of anxiety, stress, tension, or just negative things in our lives, we get to choose how we face them. We can either reach into our toolbox and pull out tools that we have cultivated and established over time, or we can just let it take over us and become the victim of the situation.
I’m sure you’ve experienced the same thing, so let’s dive in and learn how to overcome those frustrating times.
“Real impact is different than just filling in the holes and being reactive. So if you’re going to be able to be proactive and pick the things that matter, that you should actually worry about and give your attention to, then your manic moments will dissipate faster.”
Head to the website to listen to this episode or click “Listen Now” below!
In this episode Avani talks about:
- Things that can wreak havoc in your week.
- How to reach deep and overcome the craziness of what’s going on.
- Key things to keep in mind to help deal with all the stress.
- Let yourself feel your feelings. It’s ok to let feelings manifest as long as they don’t take over the situation that you’re in.
- Make sure you eat! Your mood (or at least mine) can be very dependent on if you’ve eaten lately. Your body needs fuel!
- Zoom out and realize that this is one small situation in your entire life. Keep the big picture in mind and you’ll feel better about the craziness.